Friday, July 5, 2013

Point Defiance

6/29 - Saturday Morning Run.
 
What better place to run than outdoors under the sun? There are so many parks in this wonderful state - all you have to do is get up, get out and go. On this day, I had the pleasure of discovering Point Defiance Park, near Puget Sound. I later found out that this park is home to the Taste of Tacoma, which meant I would certainly return. 
Point Defiance Park is larger than Wapato Park. It has: a zoo, aquarium, a Rose Garden, beaches, trails, a boardwalk, a ferry dock and forest. I only visited a beach, saw the forest and ran the trails. 
All of this by 8am. 
Green Parking Lot. 
Stretching before the run.
View from Point Defiance Beach.
I was distracted by the forest on my left and the beach on my right.
Breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment