Sunday, July 14, 2013

Rainy Day: Aberdeen and Pacific Beach

6/25/13 - A trip West.

It was a rainy Washington day, one of the last rainy days for a at least a month, and I was headed west, to the small town of Pacific Beach. There was nothing in site but the usual greenery and the grey sky, a rarer site in the summer than any other season in Washington. Getting to Pacific Beach from Tacoma included the 5, the 101, and the 8. 
The view from a small gas station by the 8.


Facing West.


There were strips of the road that were surrounded by trees on both sides. Combine that with a dark gray sky, a heavy downfall of rain and a lack of cars and you get the creepiest drive to the beach.


Old fashioned gas pump.


Cpt. pumping gas.

To get to the final destination, the 101 continued through the small town of Aberdeen. The 101 didn't continue like a typical freeway. Instead, it was collection of streets that took you left and right and in my opinion took me by every corner of the city. Here's what I saw when I was on the 101 in Aberdeen.





Finally, I made it to Pacific Beach. It's the perfect getaway for locals and I can imagine how beautiful it is when the sun's out.

This is the view from the room:
Before Sunset.

Dinner: my beloved (and delicious) Clam Chowder.
View as the sun says its farewell.

View to the East.

Seeing as I was spending the evening right by the beach, I decided to take a stroll and walk along the coast. Unfortunately, I never found a path to the sand. Every turn I took led me into someone's backyard.

Running through field, anxious to get to the water.
Disappointment because the fence was always in the way.


It's just not meant to be...


The next day the sky cleared up and the drive back was dry as I went back to Tacoma. 


1 comment: