Sunday, August 4, 2013

Taking in Tacoma

I decided to drive around Tacoma (on 7/14/13) and came across the Tacoma 6th Avenue Art Show.


6th Ave.
 They had a large Monopoly board laid out in one of the intersections. I love Monopoly, but they questions were all about Tacoma, so before I even attempted to play, I lost.

They renamed the board to include local Tacoma joints. 

Very cute. 

They even had huge dice!

This was the stand of  VERY clever traffic ticket/DUI attorney. I fell in love with her marketing materials...and I won a free shot glass for my collection. 

One of the attorney's marketing materials. 


Huge sandcastle at the Art fair. They brought the sand out specifically to make this!

The fair wasn't too impressive, if you can tell by my pictures, or lack thereof. But it wasn't crowded, which was a plus.  After walking up and down 6th Avenue, I hopped in the car and continued to drive around Tacoma, and through the campus of UPS - University of Puget Sound.













Absolutely beautiful campus. I understand why someone would want to attend this school, or just about any school in the area.

That was enough driving around Tacoma. It was now time to skateboard/rollerblade around Tacoma Mall.


No comments:

Post a Comment