Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wapato Park

June 17 - Day 3

Of course the first thing I had to do was explore the local LA Fitness, which just opened/re-opened with all new equipment! Lots of weights, machines, but no basketball court and believe it or not, no stairmaster machines! Another sign I'm no longer in LA. Being in the Evergreen State, I decided to take advantage of their parks and found this gem known as Wapato Lake. I was extremely mesmerized by the natural beauty of this lake and park! The pictures themselves will speak a thousand words!

At the south end is 72nd St. At the North end, the dog park. On the East end, you'll see a "You are here" red dot by the perimeter of the lake. I'll use these as reference points for my photos.
I started my walk from the south east corner and walked counter clockwise (if you would like to reference where in the park I took pictures.)


1. Taken from the south east corner, facing the lake

2. The building you see corresponds to the "You Are Here" dot on the map.
3. Ducks, a little bit North of the "You Are Here" dot.



4. View from the North End, on a bridge. On the map it is the spot between Wapato Lake and the smaller body of water.

5. From the West side, facing North. Wapato Lake is to the right. I had finished walking the path and looked back to take a picture.
6. This is a view from the Southwest end. Across you see the building from Image 2.

There are awesome bridges, behind the dog park (which is in the Northeast part of the map) that run through a sea of trees. I first discovered them on a jog with my running partner. I don't have photos of that area yet. I didn't want to be the girl that goes missing because her curiosity over powered logical reasoning.  Next run, I'll be sure to snap some pictures of the serene, secluded area.

No comments:

Post a Comment